Document management system with advanced features
In today's business environment, the volume of information is increasing at an unstoppable and constant rate, the storage of an increasing number of business documents and their proper management has become a real challenge for businesses. Aware of these challenges, DocPath offers Aspen, a complete document management system that allows storage of legacy documents and web-based queries.
DocPath Aspen incorporates an array of advanced features that go far beyond mere storage, resulting in highly advanced document management software. Therefore, this solution provides all the features users need for optimal document management.
More than document management software
Apart from the mentioned storage options, Aspen includes the following advanced functionalities:
- Real-time document generation -
DocPath Aspen stores business data, forms and their associated resources in the different versions used by an organization, completely independent from each other. This helps streamline the subsequent retrieval process, documents can be generated in real-time without having to resort to a host. DocPath Aspen retrieves the data that the document contained when it was created, and then it is merged with the corresponding form version, this process is started as soon as the user requests the document.
- Controlled Distribution - Aspen provides a method of controlled document distribution, this means having complete control over the information handled by third parties, and knowing at all times the actions carried out on them. Depending on the user's access privileges, the user will be able to perform all sorts of searches and other actions on the obtained documents. For example, depending on the established security settings, certain employees may view documents but they cannot save them, maybe they can open them, but they cannot print them out, other actions can be individual printouts or even apply a print scheduler. All these processes are registered and controlled by the organization.
- Digitilization of printed documents
DocPath's document management software also includes capture capabilities for mass digitilization of documents. This functionality allows Aspen to scan documents signed by a client and convert them into digital format, they are then stored and indexed in a database. The subsequent retrieval is extremely simple: the user, with previous authorization, only has to request the document through a browser, then the web server will retrieve the document.
Advantages of DocPath Aspen
- Efficient, real-time generation of requested documents, using the stored business data and corresponding forms, and the appropriate versions.
- Improve document distribution allowing direct web access to users, in a completely controlled environment with the possibility of tracing actions carried out on a document.
- Flexible search system, based on personalized indexes.
- Restricted use of certain documents, users can establish security parameters regarding access, editing, saving or printing.
- Digitilization System, this system can read printed documents through bar-codes and can automatically index these documents in document manager.
- Carry out different actions concerning documents such as queries, printing or email delivery.
- Easily integrable with the rest of applications present in your organization.
- Significant savings, in terms of storage space, time employed in searches, and costs associated with printing and distribution.
- Query environment Thin Client: Queries can be carried out from a browser, without the need of installing software on user workstations.
Download the DocPath Aspen leaflet here.
For more information, click here.